I know I read a lot, and yet when I see the list of books I have finished by month end, I always feel the need to go back and check to see if it is right. I checked and it is. Here are the books I finished reading in July.
- Green Almonds: Letters from Palestine
- Hello, Nebulon! (Galaxy Zack #1) read aloud with my son
- Sharp Objects for July book club
- No One Tells You This: A Memoir
- Nevertheless She Persisted: True Stories of Women Leaders in Tech
- The Art of Inheriting Secrets
- The Reinvention of Mimi Finnegan
- Zen Pencils: Cartoon Quotes from Inspirational Folks
- SELF-ish: A Transgender Awakening -- My review is coming later this week!
In July, I purchased Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life from Barnes & Noble and a used copy of The Seeker's Guide (previously published as The New American Spirituality) from Biblio.com.
I won an audiobook copy of Rabbit: The Autobiography of Ms. Pat by Patricia Williams and with Jeannine Amber through a Book Riot-hosted contest sponsored by Libro.fm.
From the library, I picked up I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer for my local book club meeting in August. Sadly, I didn’t even open it before it was due and I had to take it right back again. This happens sometimes.
Through subscription services, I selected The Summer Wives: A Novel as my Book of the Month, and Faithbox included in its box Everybody, Always: Becoming Love in a World Full of Setbacks and Difficult People by Bob Goff. Goff’s book was a nice surprise as it happened to be on my wishlist already.
Lastly, I have received a bunch of ebook review copies from Netgalley. This month, they include:
- Bow First, Ask Questions Later: Ordination, Love, and Monastic Zen in Japan published May 8, 2018
- Namaste the Hard Way: A Daughter's Journey to Find Her Mother on the Yoga Mat by Sasha Brown-Worsham to be published September 4, 2018
- Rising Out of Hatred: The Awakening of a Former White Nationalist to be published September 18, 2018
- Essential Oils for Mindfulness and Meditation: Relax, Replenish, and Rejuvenate by Heather Dawn Godfrey to be published November 6, 2018
- Body Mindful Yoga: Create a Powerful and Affirming Relationship with Your Body by Robert Butera and Jennifer Kreatsoulas to be published November 8, 2018
- The Art of Psychic Reiki: Developing Your Intuitive and Empathic Abilities for Energy Healing by Lisa Campion and Rhys Thomas to be published October 1, 2018
Disclaimer: I used Amazon affiliate links in this post. Should you choose to buy something through those links, you will not pay any extra, but they will send me a small fee, which I will likely add to my book fund. Thank you. Please see my Book Review Disclaimer for more information.